Happy almost Thanksgiving!
I made this salad twice last week it was so good and it’s the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving feast! Enjoy!
Adopted from Marla Meredith
Pomegranate seeds (Trader Joe’s has these and they are delicious!)
1 large sweet potato
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of ginger
Splash of olive oil
Splash of maple syrup
3 pieces bacon
Cheese -I used fontina once and parmesan another time, original recipe calls for Gruyere, use your favorite!
1. Preheat oven to 450′
2. Chop sweet potato into 1/4″ cubes
3. Season sweet potato w/ cinnamon, olive oil, maple syrup and ginger
4. Cook bacon – I cheat and use the mircrowave because it saves time, cook it however you do on Saturday morning! Crumble into small pieces after bacon is cooked.
5. Assemble salad – spinach topped with bacon, sweet potatoes, pomegranate seeds and grated cheese
6. Dress salad – I use Brianna’s French Vinaigrette