I always feel good about a dinner when hubby questions it and then takes his first bite and makes a comment like “Woh, this is amazing!”. I got that reaction this week with Brie and Brisket Quesadillas. I found the recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out on this chilly November evening. I have to admit that this was much easier for me to make than the recipe would suggest because I have leftover brisket in the freezer from a stew I made earlier this Fall. If you don’t have this lying around then I would suggest making this on the weekend when you can pull out the crock pot and have plenty of time. It is worth it though!!
This recipe is adopted from the blog Confessions of a Foodie Bride.
Use any leftover brisket, flavored from stew is preferred so the flavor doesn’t compete with the amazing sauce you’re about to make!
? 1 Tbsp olive oil
? 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
? 1 clove garlic, minced
? 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
? 1 Tbsp lemon juice
? 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
? 2 Tbsp brown sugar
? ¼ tsp ground ginger
? ¼ tsp ground curry powder
? 1 mango, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
? 1/3 cup golden raisins
? 1 cup water
? 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
? 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 – 1 cup)
? 1 clove garlic, minced
? 1/2 cup ketchup
? 2 Tbsp lemon juice
? 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
? 1 1/2 tsp spicy brown mustard
? 1/4 cup mango chutney
? 8 8-in flour tortillas
? 8 oz brie, thinly sliced
? 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix,
? cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent and just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Add garlic, ook for an additional minute.
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and curry powder and add to the pan with onions.
- Add mango, raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook covered for 20 minutes, until almost all of the liquid has reduced.
- Add to the BBQ sauce mixture before blending step.
- Heat olive oil in a 2-qt sauce pan.
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and run until smooth.
To assemble the quesadillas, place shredded cheese on bottom tortilla. Layer on brisket, brie, and BBQ sauce. Top with another tortilla and bake in the oven at 350’ for 15 minutes. Slice with a pizza cutter and serve!